Job Title: Tax Manager & Practitioner
Lifetime Tax Advisors, Inc. is seeking a Tax Manager / Tax Practitioner for its growing tax practice. Lifetime Tax Advisors provides services to individual professionals, small businesses and has a specialty group focused on Real Estate Professionals. Our real estate-focused clients are invested in single family, multi-family, house flippers, hotels, commercial property, development, and other types of real estate businesses, including real estate financing activities. The firm’s main office in Rockwall is shared with Lifetime’s other companies: Insurance, Wealth Management, and Legal Services.
Before you continue, you must possess the following experience…..
- Review and identify potential IRS issues in tax returns (1040, 1041, 1065, 1120, 990-T, state and local tax returns) and constantly look for new issues that may have not been identified in the past.
- Identify potential tax planning opportunities, implementation steps, and the pros and cons of implementation
- Research specific technical issues, resolve complex tax issues and generate creative ideas
- Assist clients with sales and use tax calculations and report preparation
- Represent businesses and individuals before the IRS and states on tax examinations
- Handle tasks ranging from basic accounting and bookkeeping to complex entity structuring
- Utilize experience to process partnerships returns from inception through termination.
- Think through various alternatives and not give a simple, “Yes” or “No” answer. Moreover, this person needs to be willing to challenge the status quo and expect constant improvement from all levels within the organization.
- Be proactive and desire constant improvement and motivate train staff to increase skillsets/productivity.
- Communicate options and alternative scenarios to clients to provide value.
- Have the willingness to jump in anywhere needed, even if it’s ‘beneath’ your job description.
- Serve clients based on facts identified, not personal opinions.
- Identify potential risks to the firm and whether or not positions taken need to be disclosed.
What this job is not…
- This job is not a fit for someone who wants to punch a clock and hammer out work, without doing their part in improving the process. Our team guides our clients through a maze of tax code to find the very best solutions for their unique tax scenario. Behind our ability as a team to find these solutions are the strong relationships we build with our clients as their trusted advisors. To continue forging and nurturing these relationships, we seek a team member able to work with clients ranging from new investors with their first investment, to seasoned investors and entrepreneurs. We work hard and we play hard.
- Minimum of 5 years of recent experience in public accounting
- Bachelor or Masters in Accounting or Taxation
- CPA a plus, but not required
- Superior technical and interpersonal skills
- A strong background working with entrepreneurs and sophisticated investors
- Self-starter with the confidence to take initiative
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
- Desire to learn and teach others
- Previous experience as a Real Estate Investor a plus
- QuickBooks Certification
- Strong experience in IRS audit representation
- Experience in supervising bookkeeping and payroll
- Knowledge of Thomson Reuters Software
- Must be able to document processes in a manner that allows for efficient review, while keeping a keen eye on areas of improvement that need to be addressed. The ability to identify any log-jams and offer solutions to improve the process is key.
- Further our growth – identify opportunities for growth, including the development of new client services and new ways to build relationships and the practice
- Participate in networking and business development opportunities (trade shows, monthly real estate group networking events, etc.)
Lifetime Tax Advisors, Inc. is a tax advisory firm offering tax and consulting services to high income/high net worth individuals and small to medium-sized businesses. To assist us as we grow through acquisitions and strategic marketing efforts, we are seeking a qualified tax manager to join our team. Lifetime Tax Advisors, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We value the diversity and knowledge of our team members and maintain a positive and relaxed working environment. Eligible employees may participate in our 401k plan. Salary and incentives will be based on experience and expertise. Lifetime Tax Advisors, Inc. will continue to grow through additional acquisitions of local tax firms providing team members with opportunities to advance professionally. Please visit our website at www.lifetimeta.com for more information about our firm.
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org for further consideration. No direct calls or recruiters, please.
Contact Us About This Position